(register your interest on our facebook events page)
Donations of $10 per child are asked to cover morning tea costs and proceed go to the facilitator of the session.
In 2017 we launched our Storytime @ Starwin series after a local Mum asked us to host an Indigenous storytelling session as she couldn't find one for her kids to attend during NAIDOC Week.
Local Tiwi Mum to be & Children's Educator Casimira Tipiloura was happy to do so & Storytime @ Starwin was born. Sessions include storybook time, sing songs and colouring activities.
These sessions are important to us for a few key reasons:
- promoting the good works done in community by The Indigenous Literacy Foundation
- studies show the more parents enage with and read to their children, the less likely it is they will be imprisoned later in life
- celebrating the culture of Indigenous storytelling with the general community
- bringing parents in the top end together
- showcasing strong Indigenous women as Children's Educators
Past Storytime @ Starwin Events
13 July - Storytime with Cosi
24 September - Storytime with Aunty Rosie
23 November - Storytime with Aunty Sharona
7 December - Storytime with Aunty Sharona